A LEADER’S ROADMAP
SHAPING BUSINESS LEADERS OF THE FUTURE
In his book ‘World Class Leaders’, James Autry writes “Leadership is about creating an environment that fosters a sense of community that helps people to love their work instead of doing their job, which when done honestly creates trust and enhances creativity.” A Leader’s Roadmap is a 2-day leadership programme which examines the most desirable aspects of leadership, provides practical examples of leadership in action and helps to expose the skills necessary for business leaders of all levels to succeed in their appointed or chosen tasks.
Today, ‘the enemies’ of business leaders take on many guises – the technological adversary, who like a chimera, changes shape and direction, rapidly forcing constant change; the never-ending stream of competitors who all claim to do things faster, better and cheaper; the manpower supply enemy that fiercely competes for the best and ablest brains; the customer who constantly demands improved products and services and time which competes for the energy and resources of every successful firm.
While the adversaries may have changed their forms, the ways to overcome the many challenges to businesses today, have developed in sophistication with the adoption of modern management techniques. Business leaders today need to be visionary, charismatic, pragmatic and realistic in order to match changing times and circumstances. Their skills have had to be honed in order to envision, energize, and empower their staff to achieve more in shorter time spans, embrace total quality management, and love what they are doing. Thus the major tasks of today’s business leaders are centered around creating and maintain high levels of motivation and job satisfaction in their workforces.
A LEADER’S ROADMAP PROGRAMME AIMS
To help participants to develop their leadership skills in managing and motivating staff, and to become effective managers and supervisors.
This training is intended to provide participants with the knowledge and skills to maximize their leadership potential.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Managers and staff who have the potential to be promoted to managerial positions.
By the end of this interactive seminar you will be able to:
- Understand the main principles & practices of leadership
- Undertake self-analysis and evaluation of their existing leadership styles
- Develop delegation and empowerment skills
- Appreciate the main barriers to communication
- Develop their skills in managing communication
- Develop their skills in team working & teambuilding
- Understand the sources of motivation and de-motivation of staff
- Lead, motivate, coach and develop staff
- Develop their interpersonal skills at work
- Handle conflict situations
- Overcome resistance to change
- Understand the dynamics of leadership
- Manage change effectively