NEGOTIATE TO YOUR ADVANTAGE
LIFE-LONG STRATEGIES FOR SUCCESSFUL NEGOTIATIONS
Negotiate To Your Advantage will guide you from knowing what you want to planning strategy to achieve it; knowing what your counterparts want, how and when to change strategies and styles if the negotiation isn’t working.
Negotiation takes place in every activity we do. Leader – Member, Vendor – Customer, Parent – Child, we all negotiate in one way or another, sometimes without realizing it! Negotiation is a specialised form of communication. The best negotiators know that reaching the best possible deal requires
abilities in three key areas:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This programme is designed for personnel in the fields of sales and marketing, purchasing, nance and accounts. Also suitable for technical personnel, and those who wish to improve their negotiation skills. Applicable for both managerial and executive levels.
NEGOTIATE TO YOUR ADVANTAGE PROGRAMME OBJECTIVES
• Acquire useful tools for leveraging their own strengths against those of their counterparts.
• Obtain information from their counterparts through probing, listening and proposing techniques.
• Plan strategies to use in their negotiations based on the target they wish to achieve and the level of trust they have for their counterparts.
• Analyze the reasons behind their counterparts’ objections so they can deal with them effectively.
• Practice negotiation techniques in role-play simulations for discussion and feedback.
• Apply win-win strategies so both parties leave the table feeling like they have obtained good deal.
The following matters shall be addressed:
• Planning Your Strategy
Using your desired outcome and your level of trust for your counterpart to develop a comprehensive plan for your negotiation.
Developing intelligent listening skills to gather information from your counterpart and increase your negotiation power.
• What You Have and What You Want
Leveraging your strengths and using what you have; setting your objectives and getting what you want.
• Tactics to Guard Against
Countering common tactics deployed by experienced negotiators; using tactics to your own advantage.